Leviticus 19:1 And יהוה spoke to Moses saying, 2 Speak to all the congregation of the Children of Israel וְאמַרְת and you say to them, you will be holy (set apart): for I יהוה your Elohim am Holy (set apart). C-MATS
Question: What was יהוה teaching his children? The Ten Commandments found in Exodus 20 were being taught again.
1) “I am יהוה your Elohim,” and here it is written, “I am יהוה your Elohim” (19:3).
2) “You will have no other gods before me,” and here it is written, “Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves molten gods” (19:4).
3) “You will not take אֶת־ name of יהוה your Elohim in vain,” and here it is written, “And you shall not swear by My name falsely” (19:12).
4) “Remember אֶת־ Day, the Sabbath“, and here it is written, “And keep My Sabbaths” (19:3).
5) “Honor אֶת־ your father וְאֶת־ and your mother,” and here it is written, “Every man will fear (revere) his mother and his father וְאֶ“ (19:3).
6) “You will not murder,” and here it is written, “neither stand by when you neighbors life is at stake” (19:16).
7) “You will not commit adultery,” and here it is written, “the adulterer and the adulteress will be put to death” (20:10).
8) “You will not steal,” and here it is written, “You will not steal, defraud, or lie to another.” (19:11).
9) “You will not give false testimony against your neighbor,” and here it is written, “You shall not go about as a talebearer” (19:16).
10) “You will not covet… anything that is your neighbor’s,” and here it is written, “Love your neighbor as yourself” (19:18). C-MATS
Question: Some things are totally fine to do. Others we know are definitely wrong. But not everything is so “black and white.” What should we do when we find ourselves in a questionable situation that, while not exactly “wrong,” calls on us to behave in an undignified way? Should we participate or walk away? יהוה urges us to always to act sacred or set apart. This means to view ourselves as special and act with self-respect and dignity – in short, to behave with a touch of “class.” יהוה wants us to realize that as His children, His special creations, we are all very important people and our behavior should reflect that. When we act this way, we will find that we lift ourselves up spiritually, which is a very good feeling